Submission Rules and Guidelines:
- Submissions can be made for the following categories: short narrative (including animation and music videos etc.), documentary, video essay/essay film.
- Films can cover any topic of the filmmakers' choice but should “say something”. Films on the environment and sustainability are encouraged and welcome.
- Films made prior to 2020 will not be accepted. Films submitted should not have been released or screened on a public platform prior to December 3rd.
- Only one submission per person would be accepted.
- Submissions can be made as a group (all members of the group need to be associated with LUMS) or individually, not both.
- The running time of the films should be a minimum of 3:00 and maximum 12:00 minutes, including opening and ending credits.
- Entries should be submitted as a folder to WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, so submitted film exports may not be larger than 2 GB. The folder should contain the film in an easily accessible format (MP4 or MOV.), along with a cover letter that includes the title, running time, film synopsis, film category for submission, cast and crew credits, and production date. Folder should be saved under the Filmmaker’s complete name.
Films selected by internal and external jury members will be screened during the CLCS Screen Studies Symposium (3rd of December) 2022. Filmmakers will be informed of their selection prior to the screening. Winners will be announced during the symposium.
Follow us for updates & announcements: