Applicants who have successfully completed FA/ICS/ICOM/FSc/A’ Levels/High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate (IB) are eligible to apply for admission if they fulfill one of the following academic qualifications:
- Successful completion of Matric with 70% marks or above & FA with 65% marks or above/FSc/ ICS/ICOM with 70% marks or above.
- O’ Levels* results (in at least 8 subjects) with an average grade of at least ‘B’ in all subjects attempted; and A’ Levels in at least 3 principal subjects1 with at least 2 Bs and 1 C grade. No credit will be given for Advanced Subsidiary and General Paper.
- American High School Diploma (HSD) with 70% or above/Grade point average of B or above
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with at least 28 out of 45 points
- Combination of the above
- Any other equivalent qualification (minimum acceptable scores will be determined by the Admissions Committee)
If shortlisted for admission, applicants will be given a conditional offer. To join LUMS in Fall, applicants must subsequently meet all the stipulated conditions specified by the Admissions Committee by August 2019.
- Candidates who have already completed their A' Levels (have taken the exam of minimum three A’ level principal subjects1) and do not meet the minimum grades requirement (specified above) must improve their grades in order to be eligible for admission. A' Levels Exams are held in November and June. To be eligible for the admission in Fall 2019, applicants must improve their A' Level grades in November 20182. Applicants planning to improve their grades by taking June 2019 exams are not eligible for the Fall 2019 session.
- Candidates who have already completed their Intermediate level degree (FA/ FSc/ ICS/ I.COM/ High School Diploma/ IB/ equivalent degree) and do not meet the minimum grades requirement must improve their grades by October/ November 2018 in order to be eligible for Fall 2019 session.
Applicants admitted to LUMS and subsequently require HEC attestation of their UG degree must meet the conditions stipulated by the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan to get their Undergraduate degree attested. Details are available at the following link:
1Principal subjects (Full credit courses. Details can be checked with the British Council)
2Applicants taking their A’ levels or AS level exam in November 2018 are required to submit the final result within three days of its announcement; however, they must provide this information through online application form and by submitting a copy of the “Statement of entry “along with all other supporting documents.
* Minimum subjects requirement for O’levels may vary regionally and can be checked by visiting the following link: http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/equivalence.php.